To All the Boys I've Loved Before (2018) x Sierra Burgess is A Loser (2018)

Have you ever watched them already? Well, not try to exxagerate but these two movies really catch a huge attention among peoples nowadays. They were a rom-com genre movies by Netflix that can make your heart fultter and give you life lessons at the same time. Many peoples compare this two movies. I don't know why but I think its because of Noah Centineo who has successfully appeared in these movies.
Actually I had wrote a draft about TATBILB's review and kept it for several weeks before and now here I am trying to collaborate the review about TATBILB and Sierra Burgess is A Loser and give it some opinions.

---

Firstly, let's appreciate Netflix for the cast 👏👏. I mean, look out the cast of TATBILB. They have Asians as a main cast (Lara Jean) and Korean culture inside the plot (like the food and Yakult. LOL).


But Hey! Doesn't Yakult come from Japan?


In Sierra Burgess, they have black one (Dan), Asians (One of Veronica's friend), and even the disabilities one (Jamey's lil bro). I think this is beautiful how we live in this world with diversity.


Sierra Burgess's casts
source : Wikipedia

Secondly, for those who need some sweetness thingy, I recommend you to watch TATBILB. It really can fulfill you needed indeed. LOL. Quoting from VOX's review, "To All Boys I've Loved Before has a complex, high-concept premise, but at its heart, it's one of oldest stories out there : It's a fake dating story." I agree indeed! In my honest opinion, I really don't expect too much about this movie but enjoying its cinematography. But as time goes, I enjoyed this movie because of the level of its 'sweetness' is enough and I can't resist of  Kavinsky's smile HEHE.
Sierra Burgess is A Loser, as its title.. She's a loser who afraid of being herself. She has a self esteem crisis because of her look and stuffs. Oh this movie reminds me of one of Taylor Swift's song :
"she wears short skirts
I wear T-shirts
She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up
And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time"
-
Compared to TATBILB, this movie itself has a point plus at its plot and life lesson. But not at the cinematography.

Last but not least, the soundtracks of Sierra Burgess is such a treasure! You gotta check it out. This one titled Sunflower is sung by Shannon Purses herself.
 ---

Bonus opinion is about Noah Centineo. I like him better as Jamey. I love how pure his gaze, how funny and intellect he is. In TATBILB, he seems like a kind-hearted jerk but in Sierra Burgess he is a pure innocent unpopular but sweet guy.One thing I see the similarity of their character is this legendary 'whoa'.

'whoa' as Jamey

'whoa' as Kavinsky way too much

Overall, I like both of them and have a plan to rewatch again hehe. But imho, I like Sierra Burgess better than TATBILB. I give TATBILB 7.8/10 and 8/10 for Sierra Burgess (such a thin difference but 0.2 is a mater hihihihi).
Enjoy the movies!
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts